Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday . . . Contentment



I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. -- Philippians 4:12-13


Finding contentment regardless of my current situations is a tough lesson for me. Thankful Thursday helps me to focus on what is really important in life.


I keep this list on my refrigerator to help me stay focused especially when the past seems to try to overtake me. I hope it helps you too.


What Is Really Important in Life?
To love and be loved
To appreciate the good and survive the bad
Not grades or weight or possessions
People are what count
Love, kindness, compassion
Peace




Visit Women Taking a Stand for more lists of gratitude. I hope your day is filled with gratitude and love.

5 comments:

  1. To be content - to be satisfied - is a noble pursuit. I can highly recommend it. Every time that life throws a trial our way, The Refiner is ready to show us how He uses it to fuel the fire that perfects us. It is worth the effort to connect with His purpose in us. I am overjoyed when I can make that connection. I feel that I become partner with God in His eternal purposes.

    Thank you for posting this. I am encouraged to become your latest follower and to offer my prayers as you request them. I am also a survivor of child abuse - and of many other gender related indignities inflicted upon the daughters of God.

    I invite you to stop by my post in this week's Thankful Thursday blog hop. I called it "When You Choose What You Got". I hope that it will encourage you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melanie, Contentment. That is definitely something to be grateful for. And for alot of people today that is hard for them to do.

    I struggle at times with contentment, so when I am feeling content it is reason to share my gratitude and be thankful. It's a true blessing.

    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Melanie! Thankful Thursdays has helped me to focus on what's important and grow in my expression of gratitude. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...to be content is a great thing to strive for and to be thankful for. Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.