Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Feel Good Friday: IKEAland




Two or three snows ago, when we were buried in yet another dose of snow, my dh asked if I'd like to go away for a weekend somewhere. I said that would be wonderful! I'm never going to turn down a weekend away, and it is one of the perks of having quasi-adult children.


Dh asked where I wanted to go, and I said IKEA! Now we don't have an IKEA in Nashville, but there is one in Atlanta just a 4 hour drive away. So last Friday, dh took a half day at work and we drove to Atlanta. 


A nice hotel, dinner at a fun little cafe. Breakfast the next morning followed by a swim at the local Y, and then off to IKEA! It was like Disneyland for shoppers! It was a Saturday after all, so half of Atlanta was there -- with their kids -- in strollers. And did I mention all the PREGNANT women? I've never seen that many pregnant women outside of the OB/GYN office!


Now I thought we were there to buy linens for the remodeled bathroom. I had a mental list and a rough idea of what we'd have to spend. Well, it was like dh had never been in IKEA before! (Actually we'd both only been once -- 2006 in Austria.) He started looking around and found some chairs he really liked. Chairs! 


We wandered through most of the store following the arrows on the floor, and finally queued up to pay. Turnstiles and everything. We checked ourselves out and loaded the car to head home. Two new chairs; two new rugs; new towels and bathmats; and a new stuffed bunny!


The only difference from Disneyland is you have to pay to get out!


Read other Feel Good Fridays this week at 29 and Holding.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love IKEA!! You are very brave to go on a Saturday, especially being pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok let's clear that up! I AM NOT PREGNANT! Just saw a lot of brave, pregnant women there. Thanks for hosting : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my FGF!

    Did you know you can watch "Downton Abbey" online at www.pbs.org ? You should watch Part 3 before this week's Part 4.

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to an IKEA and would probably break the bank going there but a weekend away would be wonderful!!

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm sorry!! Sometimes I read too fast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that you both enjoyed a shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.