Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday -- January 20, 2011



Yesterday in therapy, I worked on another episode of abuse. That can make it hard to write about thankfulness. On the other hand, it can make it easier. 

Today I find myself very thankful that I am not alone in this process. One of the key signatures of abuse is the sheer loneliness that victims feel. Even as the abuse was occurring, I felt alone and abandoned. 

But I know I wasn't ever truly alone. Had God not been at my side through each and every episode of abuse, I know I would not have survived physically or emotionally. 

Every time I work on an episode of abuse now my therapist reminds me that I am no longer alone on this journey. I have her, my husband, my children, and friends who are walking along with me. It helps so much having those flesh and blood beings available to hug, touch, and talk with face to face.

And yet, I am reminded that then and now, God is always with me -- will always be with me -- and that is more than enough for my Thankful Thursday.

They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD. They were to do the same in the evening . . .
-- I Chronicles 23:30

Look for more Thankful Thursday post @ Spiritually Unequal Marriage

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you know you are not alone. He is always with you, and He sends people to be His heart, hands, ears and arms for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has sent those people to understand you, love you, accept you unconditionally and am praying that everything will fall in place for you. Blessings from above and have peace in God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad God is taking off the onion layers or hurt and healing you. I pray that HIS PRESENCE will touch you deeply and bring JOY.
    Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto the above comments. May God continue to bless you and heal you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your heart so openly with us. I'm grateful for your thankfulness despite the sometimes rough road to healing. May God give you peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.