Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- January 4, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is pitch black.

I am thinking... about the promise of the new year. It's like getting a clean slate, even though very little actually changes!

I am thankful for... a good weekend past. Lots of work on the bathroom. Dd quit caffiene cold turkey and it wasn't bad at all. Order is returning to our home. Worship and class (a new one on Contemplative Spirituality) were both very beneficial.

From the learning rooms... it's back to school today. Ds is not impressed!

From the kitchen... re-organization! I am swapping some cabinet contents around; de-cluttering; and re-organizing work areas.

I am wearing... yoga clothes as today is Restorative Yoga class.

I am creating... a new afghan for the family; a couple more scarves; and hopefully completing that fleece poncho I started back in November!

I am going... to yoga and then to the library. I uploaded the goodreads application to my iPod yesterday. Now I'll have my "want to read" list with me when I go!

I am reading... still The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer, hence the planned trip to the library. I'm really bored with this, but I am loathe to not finish it.


I am hoping... to do laundry this afternoon. It seems as if I have fallen off the laundry wagon in the past week!

I am hearing... ds getting ready for school.

Around the house... dh has made so much progress on the bathroom! I can't wait for you all to see it.

One of my favorite things... is fresh starts.

A few plans for the rest of the week... back to school, back to Beth Moore class, back to Precepts class, and I started The Bible in 90 Days yesterday!

Here is a  picture for thought I am sharing... 


The beautiful tile work dh finished this weekend.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work on the bathroom - how nice! Laundry ... don't remind me. I, too, am behind and can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm to start it. I am new to your blog so may just have missed it already, but what kind of afghan are you making? (I'm a knitter.) =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crocheting a broomstick lace crochet, because I got tired of trying to following the pattern for the granny square afghan! I'm pattern challenged!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.