Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . May 22, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is a little overcast and in the mid 60's. My front "flower" bed looks a little better since I spent some time out there weeding yesterday.


I am thinking . . . about this day 22 years ago. Today is dd's birthday. It's hard to believe she is that old. She is maturing into such a lovely person and I'm grateful for the growth I continue to see. Happy Birthday, Claire!


I am thankful . . . that the boys (dh and ds) made the first leg of their trip without any difficulty. Today they are climbing Devil's Tower. It's about a 900 foot climb. Ds (and me, too) is a little apprehensive!


In the kitchen . . . there's been very little cooking, as my kitchen sink backed up on Saturday and I finally called the plumber yesterday after trying everything I could think of then some! Dh normally handles these kind of things, and I guess I just don't think about it. Bless him and the plumber!


I am wearing . . . a tank top and pareo that I picked up the last time I was in Mexico.


I am creating . . . all the same things I was working on last week! Lots of crocheting and writing, all with fewer deadlines.

I am going . . . to spend the day with dd. She's getting a facial this morning and has one class to go to this afternoon. Then we are going to see "The Avengers" and out to dinner.


I am wondering . . . about the changes ahead for our family. Ds graduated this past Saturday and I am thinking about the fall (really late summer) when he will leave for college. You can read more about that here.


I am reading . . . The Salt Garden by Cindy Martinusen. I've read this before and I remember really liking it. I recently picked up a used copy and started re-reading.


I am looking forward to . . .  more time to read this summer. I have a stack of books waiting for me: The Alienist by Caleb Carr (which I think I've read before, but can't remember!), Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me: A Memoir...of Sorts by Ian Cron; The Secret Life of a Fool by Andrew Palau; and Body Clutter by Marla Cilley & Leanne Ely.


I am hearing . . . my daughter's constant chattering. She's just like that.

Around the house . . . I had hoped to get started on some projects with the boys gone, but the sink debacle has slowed me down. Perhaps tomorrow I can get started.


I am pondering . . . the possibility of going through dh's clothes while he's out of town. He is a saver, and doesn't appreciate it when I purge for him, but his closet and drawers are overly full. I could make a stack for him to go through when he gets home, right?


One of my favorite things . . . chatting with my kids in the mornings. I love how they come to sit in my workroom and tell me things as I type.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . celebrating with dd today, projects at home on Wednesday, Thursday dd and I are getting massages (yeah, dh!), the rest of the week is open for projects and fun.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
in honor of dd's birthday
and ds's graduation


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.