Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . May 15, 2012

Outside my window . . . is Knoxville again. Hopefully this is the last trip for a little while. I like the time with dh, and the change of scenery is nice, but the drive here and back in less than 24 hours is getting a little old.


I am thinking . . . about the good conversation dh and I have on these trips. It's easier to think clearly and focus on topics when the distractions are limited.


I am thankful . . . that we are almost to summer time! It's really our last summer with kids. Ds graduates from high school on Saturday and our daughter is already in college (here in town). Summer will never look quite the same again.


In the kitchen . . . I've stocked the freezer with meat, poultry, and fish, so my focus is mostly on side dishes. And with the warmer months ahead that means LOTS of salads.


I am wearing . . . comfy yoga pants and a big tie dyed t-shirt for driving home.


I am creating . . . several different crochet projects. You can see them here

I am going . . . to focus on the house/laundry today. I think I'm about ready to resurrect FlyLady!


I am wondering . . . about brainwashing. My dh and counselor both describe the negative messages in my head as brain washing by the abusers. It's gotten me thinking that regardless of what it's called, I want to work on breaking that cycle.


I am reading . . . still working on Garden Spells, but it seems that my pile of want to reads is growing.


I am looking forward to . . .  getting all the graduation hoopla behind us. We are not big ceremony people, so all this pomp and circumstance just feels stressful, not celebratory.


I am hearing . . . hotel and interstate noise.

Around the house . . . dd cleaned the house for me as my Mother's Day gift! What a terrific gift it was, too!


I am pondering . . .  the fun trip dh and ds are leaving for after graduation. They are heading out west for hiking, rock climbing, and site seeing. I know they are going to have such a terrific time (but I'm going to miss them, too!)


One of my favorite things . . . the new earrings ds gave me for Mother's Day. They are mushrooms he got at the Renaissance Fair.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . graduation and getting the boys off on their trip.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
Yolie -- my travelling companion


1 comment:

  1. Your travelling companion is adorable! I like the sound of only having to cook side dishes for a while - what luxury.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.