Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . May 29, 2012

Outside my window . . . there is a mix of sun and clouds. The temperature is already nearly 80 and it's going to be another muggy day. 


I am thinking . . . about writing. Blogging is good practice, and has been a good way for me to find my voice.


I am thankful . . . that my boys will be home soon. Dd and I have had a good time together, but we both agree we're ready to have everyone home again.


In the kitchen . . . last night I fixed hamburgers, baked beans, and chips for the 2 of us. I also made a big pitcher of non-alcoholic sangria. I hadn't done that in a long time -- forgotten how yummy it is!


I am wearing . . . a big white t-shirt


I am creating . . . multiple crochet projects. A blanket for a friend's daughter; a summer weight shawl for me; a blanket from a new pattern I got; and I just got an order yesterday for another baby blanket.

I am going . . . to stay home as much as possible today. I'm hoping to tackle a couple of "hot spots" as FlyLady would say.


I am wondering . . . about the future. Not worrying -- just wondering. Dh and I move closer each day to being empty nesters. I have realized over the past week and a half, how much quieter the house is without ds and his friends wandering in and out!


I am reading . . . The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
I am looking forward to . . .  the boys coming home! But also getting to the pool for the first time this season. Hopefully tomorrow : )


I am hearing . . . dd getting ready in the back of the house.

Around the house . . . the bonus room is still in chaos and I would really like to get that fixed soon.


I am pondering . . . God's expectations of me. There are the expectations that I was raised with, but they don't always seem to mesh with what I read in the Bible. Plus, I seem to have a difficult time finding my niche in congregational settings.


One of my favorite things . . . is interacting with people in a relaxed environment. I want to develop better skills at creating that kind of environment and opening my home to a wider range of people.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . trying to finish up a few projects before the boys get home and spending a little more quality time with dd.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
latest crochet project

for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. When my DH and I became empty nesters, it took just a bit to get used to. It's not at all bad, because we're lucky in that our kids and grandkids are all within a 20 min. drive, so we see them often.

    Here's my Simple Woman's Daybook

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.