Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday #21

Thursday comes, but once a week, however sometimes with Thankful Thursday it feels more frequent. Perhaps that is just the faster passing of time that comes with age, or perhaps it is a greater awareness created from marking the days more deliberately.


This Thursday finds me in pain -- pain of my own making. Whoever said "50 is the new 30" didn't think about weeding! I spent about 20 minutes in the front flower bed on Monday, and have been paying for it in spades ever since. 


There is, however, much good news. I had plenty of Tylenol, Advil, and Excedrin in my house. My dd is home a lot, and has been generous with her time, energy, and concern. I have a wonderful soaking tub with air jets, and best of all I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon.


As always difficulties make me more keenly aware of gratitude. My back hurting is no fun, and I haven't really been "a brave little soldier" about it, but I am so blessed by all the things mentioned above. I am so blessed to not have this as an ongoing problem, just a temporary irritant. I do not work outside the home, so there have been no lost wages, and finally, dh and ds are on vacation out west, so it's just dd and me here at home, and we require very little!


So while the pain is less than fun, I am again reminded of blessings and gratitude -- to be thankful in whatever state I find myself.


Blessings!

link up at Women Taking a Stand

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your massage. I enjoyed reading your blessings and hope your pain is better soon. God bless you
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a garden to weed! I'd live through the pain. Massages are wonderful (that's what hubby's are for :) Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A garden, a massage and a helpful DD, sounds like you have many blessings. I understand what you mean about the temporary discomfort bringing reminders to be grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.