Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY . . . April 10, 2012

Outside my window . . . it's cool and cloudy. Two bluejays just flew past. My hosta are filling in quite nicely and I'm even seeing elephant ears peeking through the soil.


I am thinking . . . that a round of depression is no fun. I've been really struggling since last Wednesday. I think today may be better. Let's hope so!


I am thankful . . . for my husband and best friend who are good at checking in on me and helping me when I'm struggling.

In the kitchen . . . dh was out of town last night, so the kids and I went to Cracker Barrel. Today I must clean out the refrigerator!


I am wearing . . . black yoga pants and a long sleeved t-shirt. I'm thinking a walk this morning instead of yoga.

I am creating . . . baby blankets still. I finished this one

and now I'm working on 2 more in this pattern and yarn
except this time in pinks and pastels for baby girls. I just started another one for friends who adopted baby Felix a week ago.

I am going . . . to the grocery store in just a little while. I think I've put it off as long as I possibly can this time, and still be able to pack edible lunches!

I am wondering . . . about the difference in dwelling in/on the past, and trying to work through the past. I try not to dwell, but my past is still a source of struggle and discomfort.


I am reading . . . Mrs. Tuesday's Departure by Suzanne E. Anderson
I am hoping . . . to get the shopping done, the bathroom cleaned, and the laundry caught up today. Too much? I hope not.

I am looking forward to . . . more crocheting, although I would like something besides baby blankets  : )

I am hearing . . . silence. The dogs seem settled, dd and ds are still in bed.


Around the house . . . I've been thinking about wanting more than just getting by. I'm just not sure how to implement a change.

I am pondering . . . my need to get back to personal journaling. I've let blogging supercede my personal writing. Right now I don't think that's in my best interest as there are many thoughts that I am not prepared to share with the blogging universe.

One of my favorite things . . . is tea. But you already knew that. My friend brought me more French breakfast tea when she visited last week. I'm rationing it out in the mornings, alternating with English and Irish breakfast teas.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . therapy, Bible study, a cleaning/play day with my bff on Friday. I'm not sure what the weekend will bring, but I'm hoping for a trip to the farmers' market.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

1 comment:

  1. Good morning,
    as one who suffers occasionally from depression, I can empathize with your struggle...a walk definitely helps me...
    I agree with your response to "I am pondering"...I had gotten so far behind on personal journaling and needed to get back to doing it daily, first thing, before the computer so that I could benefit from the writing, soul searching, and Bible reading that needs to be a part of it daily for me. The verses I shared were from RBC ministries online, I like to read their devotion but also, find out where God leads me when I pick up my journal and Bible...I also like to record blessings in my daily life...
    I hope you have a joyful and blessed day today..
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.