Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Made by You Monday -- Quick Chicken Chili

My husband goes to visit his father every Saturday night. I send dinner along with him. This started several months ago when my father in law got sick. Thankfully he is doing better, but Alan has continued the "tradition". It's a good chance for them to catch up on things. Sometimes they sit and talk, other times they do some work around the house or yard together.
So this past Saturday, I kind of forgot about dinner until mid-afternoon. I went to the pantry to see what I had, and came up with a quickie little meal. Turns out FIL loved it, so I'll be adding this one to my regular repertoire. 


1 12-oz can Kirkland's chicken breast (white meat only), drained & broken up
1 can Bush's Chili Beans
1 can Del Monte Diced tomatoes


Mix all in a sauce pan or Dutch oven. Bring to a low boil, and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips and grated cheese.


I know, I know, this hardly qualifies as home cooking, but sometimes the best we can do is open a few cans and count on presentation to do the rest! 


Happy Monday and happy eating : )


link up at Made by You Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.