Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Intent : Write 28 Days

Intent - (adj) having the mind, attention, or will concentrated on something or some end or purpose; (n) a usually clearly formulated or planned aim or goal

What is my intent with this series of posts? 

I've missed writing. I've missed reading other bloggers. I've missed feedback from readers. I've missed the discipline of thinking through the thoughts in my head enough to get them into coherent sentence structure. So my intent is to return to something I loved. To something that helped me connect with myself and others. To return to a medium that got me through so much in the past and became a path to a better future. 

That sounds quite impressive! But what it all boils down to is I like to write. To get my thoughts out in the open and clarify them. And I'm a little ashamed to admit how much I enjoy feedback. I guess all writers crave that though.

My method or plan to achieve this intent is to follow the challenge, Write 28 Days (or maybe 29 since it's a leap year!) I'm using the prompts Anita provided for the group. Prompt writing is helpful when I'm having a difficult time getting back into the discipline of writing. It's like the essays teachers had the class write in high school and college. At the time, I didn't understand what they were trying to achieve. I got so wrapped up in grammar and structure and wanting to sound impressive because I was being graded! It might have helped me appreciate the exercise more if it had been explained more clearly. 

So that's my intent for now. But one thing I know is that intent can change. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm using Anita's prompts to get me back into blogging more often as well. Best wishes to you in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Writing is therapeutic. I wish you an abundance of words for your 2/29 days :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.