Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Sparrow : Write 28 Days



This small bird usually symbolizes joy and protection, but it can also be a symbol of simplicity and community. Teamwork and hard work are what make the sparrows productive.

I've always love sparrows, and now knowing this about them I understand why!

Sparrows find it easy to adjust to living around humans. They eat moths and small insects, but they can also eat berries and seeds, so living in close contact with people is easy for them. There is an easy supply of food and sparrows quickly assimilate to feeders. 

I like the idea that sparrows symbolize joy, protection, simplicity, and community. These are all things that are important to me, and it's impossible to think of sparrows without remembering the scriptures - 

Psalm 84:3
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God.

Proverbs 26:2
Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest.

Hosea 11:11
They will come from Egypt, trembling like sparrows, from Assyria, fluttering like doves. I will settle them in their homes,” declares the Lord.

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.

Matthew 10:31
So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Luke 12:6
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.

Luke 12:7
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Sparrows feel like a gift from God to remind me of all kinds of wonderful things. 

When I first saw this prompt, I was confused by it. How did sparrow fit into this challenge? Now I think it's my favorite prompt so far.

His Eye Is on the Sparrow
Eclipse6

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I have always loved this song but have been having a hard time finding a good version on YouTube to add to my playlist. This one will definitely fit the bill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is purpose in everything. Today, it was learning about sparrows. Thanks, love it. #13

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.