Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . June 19, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is sunny with wispy clouds. Already 78* and muggy.


I am thinking . . . about the benefits I am receiving by being more open with people. Truth is a wonderful thing when shared with people who genuinely care.


I am thankful . . . for the routine I am establishing for myself. I am making exercise a priority, BECAUSE it makes me feel better. Not guilt, no judgment. Focusing on how good I feel.


In the kitchen . . . salad, salad, fruit, salad, salad, yogurt -- summertime food!


I am wearing . . . gray yoga pants, a teal tank top with a black racerback over it.


I am creating . . . my wonderful stripy afghan. I just LOVE it! 


I am going . . . to FlyLady the house today. Dd and I have divvied up the list and schedule our day. Here's hoping! 


I am wondering . . . why it is so hard to accept that some people are unwilling/unable to change, or at least be open to to discussion.


I am reading . . . The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (The Mysterious Benedict Society #2) by Trenton Lee Stewart
and Toxic Parents by Susan Forward
I am looking forward to . . . puttering around the house today, after our Home Blessing.


I am hearing . . . Toto singing "Rosanna"

Around the house . . . we are continuing to sorting, organizing, and cleaning. Ds is helping me in the backyard. We are setting up a little patio/conversation area. Pictures to come.


I am pondering . . . the possibility of looking for a part-time job. I'd like something maybe 3-4 half-days each week.


One of my favorite things . . . is feeling positive. I realized last night while sitting on the sofa with dh that I was feeling pretty good about myself. In the past that kind of thing has triggered anxiety, but not this time! I think I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing, as it seems to be working : )


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . more FlyLady, more pool time, more talking/emailing/Facebooking with friends and support staff, more summer pleasure : )


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
the stripy afghan . . . 
happiness

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're making fitness a priority!! Love the afghan, it's very pretty! My mom could sew, crochet, knit, etc. Me, I can't do any of the above:(

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.