Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday #23










Iris mentioned going through valleys in her Thankful Thursday post today. I know what she means. I've been going through a valley lately, and I think I'm coming out on the other side. It's hard letting go of deep desires, but it is also gratifying to see how God works through His Word, other Christians, and in my heart to lead me through difficulties.
Today I'm thankful for:
1. God's Word and lessons I have learned from it in the past week. I have been dwelling in Proverbs chapter 1. Reading it in The Message has helped me focus on bowing down to God at all times, especially when I'm facing difficult choices (thank you, Kathy, for taking my there!).
2. My husband. He has taken it on his shoulders to carry a huge portion of this recent burden, leaving me in a better position to listen to God, my "support staff", and to take better care of myself. He is my white knight in this situation. I praise God for bringing him into my life and allowing us the opportunity to learn and grow together.
3. My "support staff". This is made up all the people I have shared my story with over the years who have stood by me through it all. I have learned through this latest valley to seek them out and share what it truly in my heart. It has been a difficult lesson, this learning to trust, by I am so grateful for the benefit I have received, especially in the past week.

Start with God—the first step in learning is bowing down to God;
only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. 

Proverbs 1:7 The Message
link up at Grace Alone

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how God blesses us with people who will support us in the good times and down times. Those times also help us grow more in God... Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.