Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . June 5, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is cool and slightly cloudy. The temperature is pleasant, but the humidity is high.


I am thinking . . . about how insidious depression is. I thought I handled having the boys out of town really well, but now that they're home I realize how much I was "shutting down" during the last week they were gone.


I am thankful . . . for my boys having a wonderful and safe trip. They seemed to have lots of fun adventures, ate lots of good food, and saw God's amazing creativity over and over again.


In the kitchen . . . last night I sauteed chicken tenderloins in olive oil and Tuscan Seasoning. Then I sliced them on top of a nice green salad with carrots and tomatoes. Quite tasty.


I am wearing . . . yoga clothes -- black pants and a couple of tank tops. Yoga class is this morning and I'm really hoping to get there.


I am creating . . . a new summer schedule for myself. I always need a shift once school is over, and it occurs to me that for the first time in over 17 years, I don't have anyone going back to school in the fall. My daughter will start her final year of college and my son starts his first year, but that's not the same as far as I'm concerned. It's possible that my summer schedule might become my new year round schedule now.

I am going . . . to try to "resurrect" FlyLady around my house! I used her approach years ago when my kids were small, but fell out of the habit. I need some motivation, so I'm hoping FlyLady will help.


I am wondering . . . about helping others when they are down. Dh is having a hard time right now. I want to be as helpful to him as he has been to me, but I also know that depression is something only the sufferer can work through. All I can do is love and support him.


I am reading . . . The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
I am looking forward to . . .  yoga class this morning. I haven't been in several weeks, and I've finally gotten myself organized enough that I should get there this morning.


I am hearing . . . peace and quiet. The kids (and dogs) are still in bed. The front door is open and I am hearing birds chirping and the sounds of traffic in the distance.

Around the house . . . the continuing resurrection of FlyLady. Order from chaos.


I am pondering . . . what I want to say to my parents when next we meet. I need some closure on this particular effort.


One of my favorite things . . . is maxi dresses. I loved them in the 70's when I was young, and am happy to see them back again at least for the summer. I've actually bought myself 3 since summer started! That's got to be a record for me.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . keeping up with FlyLady, improving my summer Bible reading schedule, and doing more reading in general. And going to the pool!


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
just one of the beautiful photos
my dh took on his trip
(photo courtesy of Alan Pennington)

for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

  1. Flylady is great for making order out of chaos! I hope you made it to yoga. The picture is beautiful.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your post - popped over from the simple woman June, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flylady is awesome!! I use her Weekly Home Blessing Hour but really need to do all of it. Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.