Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Five Minute Friday -- Path

The path was straight and easy to follow. It led from my grandparents' house to my great-aunt and uncle's house. Walk out the front door and down the steps. Turn to my right, and head toward the corn field. Cut down the center of the field in between the rows of corn that tower over me. That's the only scary part. If I can get through the corn field, it's easy peasy from there. Once I can see the rest of the garden, it's only another moment or two until I can see the house. It's all happiness and joy once the house is in sight. Through the vegetable garden with the cherry tomato plants, and just keep heading toward the grey stone house. The big trees surround it letting in dappled sunlight that invites me to the love that is in the house and surrounding yard. 
It's really a short path, even for my 5 year old legs, but it's a world away from the mean old great great aunt who hates me and hits me. The end of that path is peace, love, and acceptance.



link up at the gypsy mama


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a happy place at your grandparents! I have lots of fond memories from my grandparents too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to have a happy place in your life. Every child should be so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, sad but hopeful story. Thank heaven you had a safe haven at the end of your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.