Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . June 26, 2012

Outside my window . . . it is beautiful! We've been in a heatwave, but today we are getting a temporary reprieve. Our high is predicted for the mid-80's with lower humidity. Sure beats yesterday's 101*!


I am thinking . . . about the improvements I'm seeing around the house. Dd has really embraced FlyLady and is leading the charge.


I am thankful . . . for the amount of time my ds and his friends have been spending at our house. They leave for college in the fall, so it feels as if I'm stocking up on time with them all.


In the kitchen . . . stir fry chicken and veggies over rice last night. Tonight is Squash Souffle, black eyed peas, and tossed salad.


I am wearing . . . my favorite yoga pants, a grey yoga t-shirt, and my trusty Sole sandals.


I am creating . . . a pink afghan for a little girl. It's a commission from the spring that I've recently picked up again to try and get finished. I have another one to do after this for her twin sister.


I am going . . . to make an appointment for a mani/pedi today. I have a Groupon!


I am wondering . . . how my first ever colonoscopy is going to be. I have to schedule one. Blech! I'm posting about it here so I will HAVE to make the appointment.

I am reading . . . The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (The Mysterious Benedict Society #2) by Trenton Lee Stewart
and Toxic Parents by Susan Forward
I am looking forward to . . . enjoying this cooler weather today. I may try to work on the carport some.


I am hearing . . . birds and my dd getting ready in the back of the house.

Around the house . . . decluttering continues. Dd and I took a stack of books to our local used media store yesterday. Between the 2 of us we got close to $40 in store credit. Nice!


I am pondering . . . the word stalemate. I read this definition:  a situation in which two opposing forces find that further action is impossible or futile; deadlock.


One of my favorite things . . . is hearing my windchime in the breeze. We have a lovely breeze this morning so I'm hearing it a lot.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . more FlyLady, swimming, sunning, and a 3-day marriage workshop for dh and me this weekend.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
my bedroom looking fresh and orderly

for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your Daybook!! I have been wanting to give the FlyLady techniques, etc.. a try also.. The book Toxic Parents... need to find that!!
    Love windchimes!!
    Beautiful Blessings to you!!
    Kelly Maria

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.