Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Minute Friday: See


"Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing."
A fairy-elf said that once.
The things I see, whether with my eyes or my heart, are not necessarily real.
To truly see something is to choose to believe it.
Reality is a choice.
I've learned this lesson over and over again in dealing with the effects of abuse.
What I see in and of myself is so often not the truth.
I have to choose to see what I know (believe) to be true.
It's hard when intellect (evidence) and feelings don't coincide.
When I have to remind myself that my feelings are not necessarily based in reality.
There was I time when all I had to go on were those feelings, but now I have more -- more knowledge, maturity, life experience.
"Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing."
Wise words from the fairy-elf.

link up at the gypsy mama

5 comments:

  1. "What I see in and of myself is so often not the truth.
    I have to choose to see what I know (believe) to be true.
    It's hard when intellect (evidence) and feelings don't coincide."

    Oh my word, so true!! And a continual daily struggle. Great post!
    (visiting from Gypsy Mama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing to see what you know (believe) to be true is really hard a lot of the time, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So looking through the 5 Minute Friday posts on Gypsy Momma...what do I 'see' but a pic of the elf from my favorite Christmas movie of all time!!! Thank you for this. It made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is the cutest elf anyone ever dreamed up!

      Delete
  4. So true. I read a lot of Wayne Dyer and that is one of his biggest lessons. BTW- your page is beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.