Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Accomplishment

What's my biggest accomplishment . . . 

Well that's a tough one. The dictionary says accomplished means "proficient as the result of practice or training". If that's what we're going with, then I guess, my biggest accomplishment is working through the childhood abuse I suffered, and learning to flourish in spite of it. 

I write about the abuse and it's impact on me quite a bit on this site, but I don't often make (or see) the correlations between the good in my life today and the abuse from then. The fact is, though, I wouldn't be who I am today were it not for the abuse. Let's be clear -- I'm not happy the abuse happened, but I am happy I've learned to channel the negative into positives. 

I posted this video earlier this week, but it bears repeating . . . 

Happy Saturday everyone!

linking up with 31 day blog challenge




1 comment:

  1. What a great post! While I'm very, very sorry you were abused, I'm glad you have been able to move on.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.