Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Broken

I've been broken, again, for the past few weeks. Holding onto reality by a thread. It's a cycle with abuse -- things get better, things fall apart, things get better. They fell further apart this time, and it's lasted longer than the last time. Depression and pain. Fear and paranoia. 

I tell myself it's not my fault. It's their fault -- the abusers. But that voice still whispers in the back of my head, "Aren't you over that yet?" And I scream the answer back, "NO! I'm not over it yet, because I don't get over it, but I'm getting through it."

Something was broken in me years ago when the abuse started. I live everyday just like everyone else, except for this brokenness inside that I'm still trying to fix. This hole that needs filling. I work and work. I struggle, and I pretend, but the reality is I can't fix this.

It's Good Friday. I'm sitting here complaining of my own brokenness, when Christ was truly and utterly broken so I wouldn't have to carry my own brokenness. He gave everything to fill that hole.

I woke this morning to a gift. A song running through my head before I was even fully conscious -- Bless the Lord oh My Soul. And I feel my brokenness to be less of a burden.



linking up with 5 Minute Friday and imperfect prose on thursdays



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog today, I'm so glad you did. I needed to read your post today, it sounds like we've had similar battles and I know right now I'm struggling. It's important to know we're not alone, oh and it's NOT your fault. It isn't. Lots of love to you, thank you for your honesty and for sharing that wonderful song. Exactly what I needed today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being so open and so honest. I pray God give you peace in your brokenness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, I know its been a few days since you wrote this post and I'm praying that Light will cause the darkness to flee. Thanks for linking up with Imperfect Prose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that rumble of lyrics in the morning or the light falling just so in the afternoon - so many ways He reminds us that we are held.
    i think it is beautiful that you have eyes to see it. even though these things seem small, perhaps they are the ways that we -like Moses- glimpse the backside glory and rejoice in the enough.
    love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Melanie
    How I relate to being broken by abuse. But, then, we have a Heavenly Father who loves binding-up the brokenhearted.
    Love to you
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.