Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . March 19, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is sunny (hoorah!) and still cold (mid-30's), but it's still better than yesterday waking up to tornado sirens.

I am thinking . . . about plans for the day. A trip to the grocery very soon to get veggies to chop for my FIL's salad affinity, and supplies to help with Room In the Inn at church tonight. I'm in charge of vegetables and bread.

I am thankful . . . for a safe and successful trip to the doctor with my FIL yesterday. Even though we had to drive through torrential downpours, we got there safely and ahead of schedule. Add to that, the doctor had some helpful and positive suggestions for making FIL much more comfortable.

In the kitchen . . . cooking for Room In the Inn and figuring out what to leave for the family for dinner, while I go to serve.

I am wearing . . . my robe, jammies, and houseshoes

I am creating . . . a couple of quick projects last week one of which can be seen here. Next I'm going to try these adorable turtles.

I am going . . . to the grocery store and then later to serve dinner at church. Hopefully nowhere else!

I am wondering . . . about the hardness of this life, and how important it is to seek out that which is sweet and lovely.

I am reading . . . Days of Grace: A Memoir by Arthur Ashe. 

I am looking forward to . . . a trip dh and I are planning for April.

I am hearing . . . lovely peace and quiet.

Around the house . . . crafting and ironing seem to be taking over. I may have to spend part of tomorrow wrangling some unruly stuff under control.

I am pondering . . . this quote I saw yesterday:

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. 

If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present." 
~ Lao Tzu 
While there may be some truth in it, it is still an over-simplification.


One of my favorite things . . . is good children's literature. I just finished reading the first book in a series about a classroom hamster. Quite entertaining. The World According to Humphrey by Betty G. Birney.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . RITI, counseling, date night, and dinner for FIL.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

latest projects


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.