Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . March 26, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy and cold and SNOWING. We are caught in seriously cold weather even though the calendar says it's spring. Yesterday we had a high pollen alert and a snow advisory.

I am thinking . . . that spring needs to show up soon. I don't know how people survive in locations where winter lasts 6 months.

I am thankful . . . for my warm house, electric teapot, and crocheted afghans and shawls.

In the kitchen . . . last night we had bacon and pineapple chicken sausages, garlic mashed potatoes, and a relish tray.

I am wearing . . . my husband's robe and my slippers.

I am creating . . . the scarf for a play and a fun little stuffed turtle for me.

I am going . . . Michael's and Goodwill to do a little shopping.

I am wondering . . . when spring will actually arrive. I am so ready for driving with the top down and walking around outside. Even yard work is beginning to sound appealing at this point!

I am reading . . . Kinsey and Me: Stories by Sue Grafton

I am looking forward to . . . laying by the pool in the heat of the summer. (Sorry I'm just really having trouble with SNOW on spring break).

I am hearing . . . silence, and the occasional bird from outside (I'm guessing they're confused as well).

Around the house . . . dd and I have been coloring a lot lately, so there are completed pictures, in process pictures, markers, and colored pencils scattered around.

I am pondering . . . how intensely this late cold snap is depressing me.

One of my favorite things . . . is springtime, and I am so ready for some warm weather, sunshine, and the chance to drive around with the top down.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a few odds and ends, and then dh has Good Friday off. He has class on Saturday, and then Easter Sunday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 



(I apologize for all of the whining. Praying for sunshine soon!)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.