Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Words of Wisdom

One of the books I got for my birthday is Kinsey and Me: stories by Sue Grafton.


I've been reading Sue/Kinsey since the late '80s, so I was thrilled to see this book on shelves in stores.

I've only just started, but the quote from Grafton on the back flap really spoke to me, so I'm sharing it.

"I wish life could be edited as deftly as prose. It would be nice to go back and write a better story, correcting weaknesses and follies in the light of what I now know. What I've noticed, though, is that any attempt to trim out the dark matter takes away some of the good that was also buried in the muck. The past is a package deal and I don't believe there's a way to tell some of the truth without telling most. Wisdom comes at a price, and I have paid dearly for mine."

Just some thoughts for a Saturday.

Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.